- AdministratorSeptember 13, 2019 at 8:31 pm
This is the fifth task from the Freelance Foundations course.
Leave your answers in reply to this post!
A reminder of the task:
Think of the following things you’ll need for your freelance business to be a success and plan when you’re going to have these things done by:
1. Buy a domain name (Namecheap is a good option)
2. Setup email (Have a look at Gmail for a free option)
3. Setup a website (I recommend Squarespace or Carrd.co)
4. Hire an accountant or buy an online accounting service (try FreeAgent, Xero or Quickbooks)
5. Define your services and add to your website (you’ve done this already, right?)
6. Gather case studies and testimonials to prove you can deliver on what you promise
7. By the right tools and products that will help you do your job effectively
8. Let friends, family, ex-colleagues and your wider network know you are freelance, what services you offer and how they can refer you new business opportunities
9. Draw up a list of people to meet with to pick their brains about freelancing or how to win new clients
10. Update your LinkedIn, Twitter and other social media profiles with your new freelance business details
11. Research networking events and meetups to attend
12. Join Freelance groups (like the FreeTrain community), Slack channels, email newsletters and other online communities where your peers and potential clients hang out
You don’t have to share your whole plan here, but what else would you add to the list?
Let us know in the comments below!
Log in to reply.