- AdministratorAugust 29, 2019 at 8:59 pm
This is the second task from the Freelance Foundations course.
Leave your answers in reply to this post!
A reminder of the task:
For this task, I want you to think about your freelance services.
- Focus by describing your services to attract the people who you really want to inspire into working with you.
- Keep the way you describe your services focussed on the benefits that clients will get from your work.
- Make it about them, your clients, not about you.
But more, I want you to think about what it is about what you do that excites you. Bringing this energy and enthusiasm through will help you stand out from another freelancer who simply lists what they can do. How could you build on the work of your freelance peers to do something similar, yet completely your own? Find 5 freelancers that do similar work to you
- Look at their website and note what services they are offering, how they describe the work and the benefits to clients
- Start a document that collates everything you find for the services you plan to offer
- Add your own voice and style illustrate the story you want to tell on your own website. It may be very similar to other people. Don’t worry! You can work on making the copy stand out in your own way
- What is it about the examples that you’ve gathered that is missing? What can’t you find because your own unique offering and take on work is somehow missing?
It might seem simple doing this, but I’ve found it such a useful exercise to repeatedly come back to to ensure that my offering to clients is as good as other freelancers (and usually better). Leave a short description of the freelance services you’ll offer in reply to this post!
- MemberSeptember 16, 2019 at 9:32 am
To support you to learn and reach your management and leadership potential through coaching, training and mentoring.
Log in to reply.