Community Freelance Foundations Task 1: Why Freelance? Reply To: Task 1: Why Freelance?

• Ben

Administrator
    September 13, 2019 at 6:44 pm

Hi Stuart, that’s an amazing story – tough that the training company was downsizing and brave of you to make the leap to freelancing, must have been a scary time!

I found that it took about 18 months of freelancing before I started getting referrals from existing clients and word of mouth kicked in to give me a good supply of clients. How long have you been freelancing for?

Another lesson to learn is to try and win more retained clients where work carries over month on month. Finding new clients and writing project proposals can take a whole lot of time up, whereas with retained clients you can just focus on the work and get a nice payment at the end of every month. Are there any services you offer that might work as a retainer?

Good that you are looking to build your network, you’ve come to the right place!

And I’ll take a look at your website and give feedback on your offering, if that would be useful?

Thanks!

Ben